Monday 30 September 2013

A Jazz Night with American jazz guitarist Lee Ritenour

TOP music: A Jazz Night with American jazz guitarist Lee Ritenour

Grammy Award winner, American jazz guitarist Lee Ritenour and his four-piece band has brought an exclusive, one-night only performance to the Lion’s Bar, MGM MACAU on September 23.

Hall-of-fame American jazz guitarist Lee Ritenour

I got chills right at the first four bars he played;
people around me muttered OMG all the way...


Yes, there were times I looked down and write;
but right at the moment I headed up,
goosebumps sucked on my skin very tight
 
 
A German/jamaican on keys; Lee from LA; Bass from the Big Apple NYC
and from Boudeaux, a cheerful francais on drums (sorry I don't have their full names)


What I liked the most about the band was, whenever they started to get into a new grove or moving onto a new transit, they smiled.
They truly enjoyed the music as much as we did.
 

Their magic?
Well, I would say they pushed through the music into great progression, be it a short one-minute session of jazz variation or a whole jazz-funk-jazz song.
They jumped right into the mood.
   
Everyone's happy! Including the master himself :)

And who am I to critic their music?
Just shut up and enjoy the jazzy corybantic!

Stay on TOP,
L.



No comments:

Post a Comment