Thursday 26 September 2013

TOP Beauty : Shiseido Maquill Foundation

TOP Beauty : Shiseido Maquill foundation review

Shiseido's new Maquill foundation completely blew me away! and I mean it!
I have to admit, being a beauty junkie I've never really had deep meaningful conversations with Shiseido products. I've always thought of the brand to be very Japanese, very kawaii style with a hint of OL-ness, so it never appealed greatly to me. 


This True Liquid Moisture UV Maquill foundation is a new product that has been recently launched, there's three colours OC 20, 30 40 and it's easy to match in my opinion. What I really like, is the texture of the foundation. It's creamy, easy to apply, but with very good coverage and not cakey! I know it sounds like it's close to perfect, but this is really how I feel about it!! 


On the back of the bottle, it recommends (or at least I think it does, I don't read Japanese obviously), to apply this foundation with a 7mm diameter sponge,  this is the sponge that the Shiseido girls use at counters. but I have a question.... 


Then why does it come with this super big sponge in the packaging? It doesn't bother me cause I can apply with brush and hands, but ... why?


Here are some swatches, I do want to make a remark that it is very smooth, and does match up similar to a Cle de Peau foundation. (I heard Cle de Peau is owned by Shiseido....) For a fraction of the price, you can get a foundation that's similar to one of the world's most recommended foundation, this is a great deal!! You do see that 030 is slightly more yellow than 020, and i think this is to match with Asian skin.

020 in indoor white light (make up room)

030 indoor, natural morning light

and on a side note, this collection also has lipsticks and concealers.
Check out the colors : 

True Rogue RS583
Concealer stick EX no.2

Highly highly recommend this foundation, I'm going to keep using it throughout this winter!

Stay on TOP!
Yancy

No comments:

Post a Comment