Monday 23 September 2013

TOP Beauty: Zhen foot Spa and body massage + free trial


Review: Zhen foot Spa and body massage + free trial

During the weekends, when it gets a little too hot, I like to take an hour or two to do a foot massage. It seems very popular and widely liked by people in Hong Kong, but I, being the picky kid doesn’t have a big favourite. I think foot spas are too mass-ed out in Hong Kong, and it comes and goes too quickly. Some are 100hkd per session, some go up to 400hkd per session, so what are some factors which I look for in a good massage place?

1) Location – I don’t really want to take a really long walk to a massage place. I go there cause my feet needs to relax
2) Cleanness/ New -  it is all about hygiene, hygiene, hygiene! To me, if a foot spa is new, it completely ups the chance of me going.
3)   The pricing – I think  hkd 200ish is acceptable if all of the above can be done.

So what makes a foot spa extra special?

1. Normally foot massage means (foot + neck), so the extra touch of having warm neck herbal pillow will make your neck and shoulders much more smoothing during the process.

                
  
2. A spacious, non spooky, non dark area.  I've been to foot spas which are suddenly very dark, they claim it's for people to sleep but I feel unsafe without being able to see clearly.



3. Proper Herbal tea. Many foot spas provide some kind of tea for you, i know tea bags aren't the best choices, but if I get to see what I drink, it's a plus!

4. Last but not least, warm Leg wrap - many foot spas end with just wiping your feet clean, but now we have a foot wrap for 5 mins, whats the downside?

5. To make it a bonus, it is very closed and no uphill!!!! So where is this fabulous place you may ask? Check out the info below.


Zhen foot spa & body massage
Suite 1802, Century Square, 1-13 D' Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong, Central, Hong Kong
Opening hours : 10:00 - 24:00 everyday
Tel : 2116 3980

To allow all Girls on TOP followers to enjoy this place, if you like our facebook and their facebook page, the first two hundred clients automatically get 15 mins free shoulder massage for trial! First come first serve.

Terms & Conditions apply.

enjoy! stay on TOP!
Yancy



1 comment:

  1. I've never had the urge to write a negative review on tripadvisor. But I have to this time. Nothing is satisfied during the whole process. Not sure why others are giving such high feedback. Having one bad therapist at least means they didn't do the training well.

    1. Not listening to customer's comments:
    Before the massage started, I told them I want it to focus more on my neck/shoulder. But in turns out they spent more time on my legs and head (both also happened to be the least comfortable part she's performed)

    2. Careless facilities:
    When I entered the room to get ready, there is no towel on the bed (I requested an aromatic oil massage). Also, no box/container for me to place my pantie.

    3. Noise:
    When she came in, she's making loud noise. During the process, she even chatted with the therapist in the next "room" (with a curtain as separation).

    4. Poor massage skills:
    Too fast and rough. Not systematic, structured or whatsoever at all. I.e. she would massage my left arm in certain way, with attention to left hand at the end, but forgot my right hand or just briefly touched it at the right body session. Or, she would massage in different direction on the same part randomly, making me feel very uncomfortable.

    5. Not considerate:
    Not gentle when turn me from downward to upward or turn my head from towards left to towards right. My hair got struggled in her hands, and my ear got folded all the time when she tried to make me move.

    Basically, I tried very hard to enjoy it as I've been longing to have a massage for a while. But this time has been the most terrible experience and I'm counting seconds to pass that 75 minutes. Ironically, she made it obvious that she's thinking the same thing too. Even after it finished, she said "thank you", she would still make grumpy murmuring like it's so tired for her. These are not the expression one should reveal in front of a customer. Very unacceptable.

    They gave me a coupon in the end. But I would never, ever go back.

    ReplyDelete