Sunday 30 June 2013

TOP Beauty : Ciate Caviar Manicure (Durability Test)

TOP Beauty : Ciate Caviar Manicure (Durability Test)

I decided to do a Ciate Caviar Manicure test as it is newly launch in Lane Crawford Hong Kong.


Although I bought this set in London Selfridges,
I think now is the right time to give it a little test!

I'm not going to go over how to do it as it's been out for a good while,
and there're many blogposts about it anyway.
Instead,
I did a 4-day durability mission on Ciate...


 
my puppy Parker with the nail polishes, saying,
" What are you looking at? These are mine!"
Nail polishes that I used for this test :
OPI Natural Base Coat/ Ciate Kinickerbockerglory 012/ Ciate prom queen caviar pearls
how it first looked on day 1 after application

Day 1:
After I finished my manicure - feels very secure,
colour still vibrant,
don't have any signs of fall outs after washing hands

Day 2:
Some minor beads beginning to tall off around the rims,
but aside from that color still have vibrant
and no discomfort during everyday activity
(including washing your hands)

Day 3:
About 1/4 of beads have fallen off in middle finger,
color has become dull. (advertising behind LOL)

Day 4 (last day of challenge):
Did some major cleaning around the house and wash the dishes twice,
colour of beads has become very dull
and the base coat nail polish was pealing off.
 
Verdict:
The Ciate Caviar manicure lived up to my expectation,
as I only expected it to last for 2 days tops.
But it kind of lasted for 4 days, which was great. 


These are one of those nail polishes that are handy to have around home
when you have a special event to attend at night.
I got lots of compliments with this manicure,
but I wouldn't advise everyday use because it will get you very annoyed about it once every 3 days;
but if it's for a special date,
it's definitely worth the time and effort to do this.

Stay on TOP,
Yancy

2 comments:

  1. Can you do a review on the Lancome x Lanvin's Alber Elbaz Collection? Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your message! We love special requests! We did send a message to Loreal group today to ask them to send us some trials, we will see how that goes, cant promise but we will try our best! Thanks for your support!

      Delete