Saturday 27 July 2013

TOP Beauty : Combat Hot & Rainy Weather Essentials (Base Edition)

TOP Beauty : Combat Hot & Rainy Weather Essentials (Base Edition)

If you have been following, you would probably have read our contouring in humid weather.
Today, I'm going to give some tips on the base/primers that can make your makeup STAY.


I tested this product combination on Wednesday when I was presenting at the HK Football Stadium for the Barclays Asia Trophy, so I testify that this combo works on normal to dry skin!
It was 30 degrees on Wednesday, I was in and out of the air-conditioning, and it was also raining directly onto my face. Let me guide you through it :D
 
bobbi brown sunscreen - benefit stay flawless 15 hours primer - estee lauder matte perfecting primer - nars pro prime smudge proof eyeshadow base - model in a bottle make up setting spray matte finish


Step 1 : Sunscreen - It is very important to put on a nice, soft, non-sticky sunscreen. Little do many people know that the amount of sunscreen and the texture of the sunscreen is very important and it changes the look of your makeup drastically.
A light, milky texture is what I prefer on hot summer days, as it doesn't clog up your pores and also let your skin breath, it also looks a lot lighter overall. It is important to only use about one pea size amount for the entire face (in this bobbi brown sunscreen, one exact pump is enough) because if you use too much, your skin colour will turn very white and it affects the foundation colour too. SPF now goes up to PA ++++  (4+'s), so a higher one would be more efficient in skin protection. (i'm trying hard to finish my 2+'s sunscreen desperately!) The ++++ definition is a whole new chapter.
this was about 4 hours in my makeup, and lots of running around HK Stadium (in long sleeve jacket and pants too!)

Step 2 : Prime your face - Here I've focused on two different kinds of primer, one is in stick form (benefit), and one is in cream form (estee lauder.) Some people apply primers all over their face, I find that unnecessary for my skin so I recommend to only apply to where needed.
For me, this is the T-Zone and around the nose area. Like always, little goes a long way, do NOT over-prime as this will clog you up and also block your foundation from looking smooth. A primer can do two things, one is to make your skin look silky, the other is to make it stay very long lasting. Both of these products I highly recommend as it does wonders in these two categories.










this was just before the match start, so about 7 hours in my makeup, (interviewing John Dykes! yippee!) you can see how strong the sun is!

Step 3 : Eyelid primer - eyelids, are always on a whole different chapter. You have separate eye cream that's why you also have a seperate eyelid primer! The skin around your eyes are much more sensitive and thin, at the same time it is also surrounded by tear ducts and sweat glands, therefore that's the area where things fade the easiest. Some people say they use concealer or foundation as a primer for eyes, I find that it doesn't stay as long. Like always, a little goes a long way, just a dab from the Nars wand will be enough for one eye. One thing to note is that after putting on your primer, do finish your eye make up continuously, don't just leave it hanging there waiting cause it does decrease the staying power.   

and this is how my face looked on screen, about 10 hours in my makeup. still looking fresh and smudge free!

Step 4 : Setting Spray - Setting Spray seems to be targetted for professionals in the Hong Kong market, but in America and Europe, it is well known and well used already. This Model in a Bottle makeup setting spray is something I got from a US website, and it has been recommended by many super models worldwide. I do love this spray, as the setting finish is amazing, but it smells like strong hard liquor! Instead of directly spritz-ing it on the face directly, I find it best to spray on hands and pat on your face when it's wet. This setting spray smells unpleasant for the first 30 seconds, but it keeps you staying pretty, I guarantee it!
Throughout the day I only used tissue to take off my obvious sweat, and maybe touchup twice with loose powder under my eyes. Overall, I call it a very successful combo! 

Stay on TOP,
Yancy

No comments:

Post a Comment