Saturday 6 July 2013

TOP Beauty : girlsonTOP's summer with Kiehl's

TOP Beauty : girlsonTOP's summer with Kiehl's
Target : oil free and spot free summer

Yancy's Review : Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream

Kiehl's has launched an ultra facial oil free gel cream this summer.
Its brand new blue translucent packaging distinguishes it from the other little kiehl's product. 


the very iconic packaging
I personally like how it is paraben free & oil free.
It has ingredients inside it that can lock the moisture in your skin like a cactus plant. 


Now for a little test..

this is how gel the texture is,
I would say it is about the same texture as Nars Aqua Gel
how it looks like when you first apply, light and airy
how it is after 3 mins, under air-conditioning. 
Almost all absorbed!
Overall I'm quite impressed with this product.
It's very light-weighted, and it does absorb well into the skin.
One thing I do have to comment is that it does have little "tissue bits" rubbing off,
but I realise that if you leave it on for up to 10 mins,
it will absorb totally and leave your skin feeling quite fresh and energetic.
It's definitely a good choice for HK's weather when you don't want to feel sticky!

Now passing onto our amateur Miss L...

L's Review : Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution




Ever since i bought my favourite toy hada crie from japan some months ago,
I use it to apply every product I have in step 4,
including this time for the try out of kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution.


Testing period: 3 weeks
Anticipation: Diminish dark spot and even out skin tone without major break-outs
Application: full face at night (5 drops); one drop per pimple scar in the morning (two drops)
Sensation: Very light fluid gel, not thick,
Smell like thai spa!

Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (bottom right)
First-time Verdict: 
After step 1-3 using hada crie with toner,
I apply kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution to both cheeks, forehead,
nose and chin one drop after the other starting from the right cheek.
It feels good, smells nice but my skin absorbs it quite slow.
So i took my time massaging the solution in on both cheek n forehead.
 

When it comes to the nose, my hada crie stops!!! (I'm way too chill? I don't know why)
so I use my finger tip to apply the remaining two drops to my nose n chin
and it feels more sticky on those two areas.
Maybe the solution hasn't been absorbed by my skin yet?
Anyway, it feels quite nice and fresh overall, and there is no major break out after a night,
so this test will carry on for 20 more nights...



* After reading L's article,
I was a bit worried as my partner-in-crime got the steps of hada crie WRONG.

Of course step 3 and step 4 does a "pump in" job,
but apparently she used step 1-3 with toner and step 4 with treatment...
where will this take you, L?
And her hada crie stopped cause there's not enough liquid to generate the ion pump action.
Overall, this is a very good try of L's first beauty review!
Hope we cleared your (her) mistake at the same time too...


Stay on TOP!
L. & Yancy


2 comments:

  1. 我好鐘意用kiehl's 架!!
    呢兩條LINE我都有用!!哈哈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 有品味~ so far 喜歡我們的 blog 嗎? (Yancy)

      Delete